Standard Cyborg is hiring experienced backend engineers eager to learn machine learning to help build the computer vision platform.
We solve problems like:
Real-time depth SLAM on the iPhone
Browser-based 3D point cloud and image labeling for ML
About Standard Cyborg
Standard Cyborg is building the platform for computer vision (CV). We create the cloud and edge tools developers and non-developers need to build, deploy, and improve CV solutions quickly. We multiply the potential of the real world by making computer vision accessible to all.
Our customers use our tools to power a broad range of applications. These teams use our SDK, associated ML models, and platform tools to capture, analyze, and organize 2D / 3D scenes. Including:
- generate 3D assets for AR / VR training for manufacturing
- measure faces for eyewear customization andglasses sizing
- quantify foot shape for shoe sizing and insole customization
- enable users to generate models for custom breast prostheses post-mastectomyat home
- … and many more using our consumer demo app,Capture, the most popular 3D scanning app
We value originality in thought and humility in our convictions.
We’re endlessly curious and tenacious in our effort to make the complex field of computer vision approachable, humane, and easy to deploy for our customers.
We believe that great prod uct design with high quality tooling, documentation, and examples are the best way to achieve that.
We are pragmatic, not dogmatic. No ideas are taken personally, and all ideas are open to discussion.
We are hiring our first backend engineer to work with our team composed of engineers with expertise in iOS, computer vision, geometry, graphics, and machine learning.
We currently maintain a Rails React app. We are looking to extend our capacity and upgrade our existing stack to serve our growing customer base. As the first engineer dedicated to this, you will lead and own this effort.
What you will work on
- Design, build and operate scalable backend systems and services that power Standard Cyborg’s offerings
- Work with engineers across the team to build new features and improve existing ones
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Take on responsibility and projects in other areas as they interest you; we all work cross-functionally
- 3 years of experience building backend components and services
- Appreciate tradeoffs between perfect code that doesn’t get shipped and good code that satisfies customer needs
- Strive to solve problems that make a real impact for our customers
- Care deeply about the quality of what you build and hold yourself to intrinsic standards
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, in order to easily communicate across functions
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to thrive with minimal oversight and process; we value trust and ownership and avoid micro-managing
This role is full-time in SF at 5th and Market. Open to remote.
To learn more or apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Standard Cyborg, we are a team of unique individuals. We believe it is important to build a team of diverse and thoughtful perspectives and backgrounds to create the very best working environment for us and the best product for our customers.
Standard Cyborg is an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.