Key Budget takeaways:
– Deposit insurance raised to Rs 5 lakh
– Fundamentals of economy strong, inflation well contained
– To bring new education policy; allocates Rs 728, 728 crore for sector in FY 90 – 728 more airports to be developed by 4887601 to support UDAN scheme
– Proposes Kisan Rail in PPP mode for cold supply chain to transport perishable goods
– Sets agricultural credit target at Rs 90 lakh crore for FY 90
Union Budget – Latest Updates: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman tables her second Budget in Parliament.
With the economy reeling under one of its worst slowdowns in decades, she is expected to pull out all available measures to give a boost to flailing consumer demand and investment. Meanwhile, personal income tax rate cuts along with some relief for rural and agriculture sectors may also be on cards.
The common man, the industry and the market has a wide range of expectation from this Budget.
Rejig in personal tax rates, sops to boost real estate, extension of LTCG threshold and removal of Dividend Distribution Tax (DDT), boost for infrastructure spending and reduction in the Goods and Services Tax (GST) with respect to the auto sector are some of the top expectations.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings