Eating patterns more important than insulin for diabetes management – tips for diet management & nbsp | & nbspPhoto Credit: & nbspGetty Images
- Diabetes is reaching epidemic levels, all around the world
- Insulin injections to keep blood sugar controlled are a common remedy used by people and healthcare professionals
- A study has found that eating patterns can have the same effect on blood sugar levels as insulin injections
New Delhi:Diabetes is one of the most common diseases that affect people all around the world. A healthy diet and exercise can not only help reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, but it also plays a key role in diabetes management. While medication that may include insulin or other drugs is equally important, a new study has found that eating patterns play a key role in diabetes management.
According to the new research, our metabolism and body clock, also called the circadian rhythm are optimized for eating in the morning, and fasting or eating less during the evening and night, when the body is supposed to be resting, and asleep. Therefore, ensuring that you eat a carb-rich breakfast that provides you energy during the day, and eating a light dinner could be a replacement for insulin injections, for people with diabetes.
The study stated that insulin injections could have side effects like weight gain. It may also create a vicious circle of high insulin doses, and a higher incidence of cardiovascular disease and other complications.
People with diabetes should eat certain types of foods while avoiding others. They must also ensure that they eat regularly in small portions, without skipping meals, and eat the right food at the right time.
- People with diabetes should avoid sugary foods like desserts, etc.
- People with diabetes should try to include natural sugar in their diet, depending on their blood sugar levels.
- They should eat fiber-rich foods, as fiber slows down the release of glucose into the blood.
- People with diabetes should avoid starchy food, as it is very high in carbohydrates.
- They must include whole grains like ragi, bajra, etc in their diet. Making chapatis with Ragi or Bajra flour instead of whole wheat flour can make a significant difference.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a professional healthcare provider if you have any specific questions about any medical matter.
Eating patterns more important than insulin for controlling blood sugar – tips for diet management Description: A recent study has found that eating a heavy, carb-rich breakfast coupled with a light dinner can have the same effect on diabetes as that of insulin injection.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings