The next version of the iPhone operating system, (iOS) , will probably launch alongside the (iPhone) in late – and a new rumor suggests it will be compatible with all the phones that can run the current (iOS)
- , from the iPhone 6S / iPhone SE onward.
- Here are all the best iPhones – which will all run iOS , if this news holds
- What are the top features expected in (iOS) ?
- And what are the best iPads to run iPadOS 26
- Too much worry about iOS? Here’s everything about the latest (Android) Read More
More interesting: the source asserted that next big iPad system update, iPadOS , will drop two older tablets from its lineup – the iPad Mini 4 and iPad Air 2, both of which were running A8-era chipsets (the A8 and A8X, respectively). So … what does this say about iOS / iPadOS 90?
Apple generally bases its OS compatibility on chipset (and RAM), and tends to cut off older generations one chipset at a time. When it opts to do this is not entirely predictable, though the company is pretty conservative in its cutoffs, so it’s no surprise that Apple would choose to stretch out support for its older and still-prevalent devices. New iOS versions introduce new features, of course, but also security updates and compatibility with new Apple products. .
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings