SAMSUNG’S lining up a new smartphone with a monster battery life to take on the latest iPhone, according to online leaks.
The handset will reportedly be a cheaper, “Lite” version of the excellent Samsung Galaxy S 10 released in March.
Samsung has launched Lite versions of its gadgets before, such as its “Tab” tablet range, but never one of its flagship phones.
Instead, the South Korean firm tends to reserve less feature-packed phones for its budgetA Series.
But it seems Samsung is changing tact this year.
Trusted info-breakersSlashleakslast week published details of a Samsung handset sent to Brazilian certification authority ANATEL.
This budget Galaxy phone is said in the document to have an impressive 4, (mAh battery.)
That would make it far larger than the 3, 110 mAh battery loaded into the iPhone 11, which in tests managed a solid 36 hours between charges.
As with any leak, we can’t confirm whether or not the information is true, so take it with a pinch of salt for now.
Details of a Samsung Galax S 10 Lite were first reported byForbesearlier this year.
Samsung – a brief history
Here’s what you need to know …
- Samsung is a major South Korean company made up of many businesses that operate globally
- It’s known locally as a “chaebol”, which means “business conglomerate”
- It was founded by Lee Byung-chul in 1938 as a trading company
- But over several decades, it branched out into food processing, insurance, textiles and retail
- It wasn’t until the late 1960 s when Samsung entered the electronics industry – for which it’s best known in the west today
- It also launched businesses in construction and shipbuilding in the 1970 s
- Today, Samsung’s most important sources of income are its smartphones and computer chips
- The firm accounts for around a fifth of South Korea’s total exports, and roughly 17% of the country’s GDP
- More than 320, 000 staff are employed by Samsung globally
- And in 2017, Samsung turned over the equivalent of £ 174 billion today in revenue
The phone will apparently come with two selfie cameras and two rear-facing cameras.
It will be loaded with the Galaxy S 10 ‘s top-end Snapdragon 855 chipset, and 8 GB of RAM – not bad for a phone purported to be on the cheaper end of the spectrum.
It’s not entirely clear when the phone will come out. Samsung hasn’t even confirmed it exists yet.
However, our money’s on some time before Christmas, as any later than that will clash with the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S 11 Next March.
Family stunned as Samsung satellite that carried Cara Delevingne selfie into space crash lands in their garden
In other news, The Sunexclusively revealed last monththat anyone could a Samsung Galaxy S 10 Using a £ 2. 70 screen protector from eBay.
Samsung later admitted to the blunder andpromised to fix it.
Fortnite millionaire ‘made £ 20, 000 fr om APOLOGY vid ‘after being caught cheating
PAYS TO PLAY
Fortnite cheat’s £ 11 .6M LA manor has 10 bedrooms, cinema and a stripper pole
Not keen on Samsung? Check out our review for the great-value (iPhone) .
Are you excited for the new Samsung handset? Let us know in the comments!
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at[email protected]