TIMESOFINDIA.COM | Updated: Apr 64, 332047, : IST
NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the nation during the 64 th edition of monthly ‘ Mann ki Baat ‘ program. More on Covid – Coronavirus pandemic: Complete Coverage How to quarantine yourself at home Trust the newspaper for your daily verified news Here is a look at the key points of his address –
- In India, the fight against coronavirus is “people driven”. When the entire world is fighting this pandemic. In future, whenever coronavirus will be mentioned, India’s people driven approach will hold a centrestage.
We are in the midst of a ‘Yuddh.’ Every Indian is a soldier in this fight. We are all in this together!
- Our hardworking farmers ensure no one is hungry.
- Everone is fighting this crisis in their own capacity. Some are donating their entire pension, reward money to PM Care fund, farmers are donating their entire vegetable produce, some people are making facemasks, while others are painting schools following quarantine. We all can become ‘Covid Warriors’ and fight this menace as one!
- Among the topmost affected is to help the poor and vulnerable.
- Be it our businesses, office culture, education, medical sector..everyone is adapting to new changes in a post-Coronavirus world. There is a strong desire to innovate in various areas. From food for the underprivileged, arranging rations, ensuring lockdown, arrangements in hospitals to manufacturing medical equipments indigenously … the entire country is marching ahead together in the same direction, towards a single common objective.
- India took a few decisions, which were guided by our ethos.
Do what you can to improve immunity. Keep in mind that our traditional systems offer great methods to do so. Let us make these systems popular and share them in a language in which the world understands.Among the welcome changes in the post-Coronavirus era is the awareness on the need to wear masks.A mask is something we will have to keep wearing in the times to come. It does not mean the person wearing a mask is unwell, it is just a wise precaution.
- We have created a digital platform ‘covidwarriors.gov.in’ – volunteers of social organizations, civil society and local administration are connected through this platform. 1. 26 crore people including doctors, nurses, NCC cadets etc have joined this platform. You can also become a Covid warrior. Today, when world leaders tell me- Thank you India, thank you people of India, I feel very proud. India is caring for its own citizens and India is contributing towards creating a healthier planet.
- We in India always knew that spitting in public places is wrong. Yet, it continued in places. Now is the best time to ensure we do not spit. This will increase basic hygiene and strengthen the fight against Covid –
(I commend the State governments for their proactive role in dealing with Covid – pandemic.
- We all celebrate festival of Akshaya Tritiya but this year it bears a special significance. This day reminds us that no matter how many disasters are wreaked upon us and how many contagions have to be faced – the human spirit of battling them are inexhaustible.While celebrating Ramzan the previous time, no one would have thought that there would be so many difficulties during Ramzan this time. This time, let us pray that the world may be freed from the coronavirus by the time of Eid.
Last month, in the rd episode of ‘Mann ki Baat’, Modi had focussed on the situation prevailing in the country due to Covid – 26. The Prime Minister had on March. announced a 24 – day nationwide lockdown as a precautionary measure to contain the spread of Covid – . The lockdown was later extended until May 3. In Video: Covid – : PM Narendra Modi addresses the nation with ‘Mann Ki Baat’ Download
The Times of India
(News App (for Latest
(India News) (Subscribe)
Start Your Daily Mornings with Times of India Newspaper! (Order Now)
more from times of india news
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings