Thursday , July 2 2020

Prince Andrew has not responded to FBI requests for interview over Epstein, prosecutors say – The Telegraph, Telegraph.co.uk

T he FBI and US prosecutors have sought to interview the Duke of York over the Jeffrey Epstein case but he did not respond to requests, it was reported today.

According to remarks reportedly made by US Attorney Geoffrey Berman, the top federal prosecutor in Manhattan, the Duke had shown “zero” cooperation.

Mr Berman said at a press conference that the investigation into co-conspirators of Epstein was “ongoing,” according to the New York Times.

Buckingham Palace has not responded to the reports.

The Duke has said publicly suggested he would willingly cooperate with an investigation.

Late last year the Duke said he was “willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required.”

The Duke also announced last year that he was withdrawing from his royal duties amid renewed attention of his friendship with Epstein, and a woman’s claim that she had several sexual encounters with the Duke, starting when she was .

Virginia Roberts Giuffre claimed that after meeting her in Florida in 2000, Epstein flew her around the world and pressured her into having sex with numerous older men, including the Duke, two senior US politicians, a noted academic, wealthy financiers and the attorney Alan Dershowitz, who is now part of President Donald Trump’s impeachment defense team.

A ll of those men have denied the allegations.

Earlier, at the same event in New York, Mr Berman said: “I’ll note that the original charges against Jeffrey Epstein contained a conspiracy charge and we alleged there were other conspirators involved.

“Jeffrey Epstein couldn’t have done what he did without the assistance of others and I can assure you our investigation is moving forward.”

He declined to comment when asked if Ghislaine Maxwell was currently cooperating with the investigation.

Mr Berman also refused to comment on the the timing of how the investigation was proceeding.

He said: “As many of you know several months ago our office brought charges, criminal sex trafficking charges against Jeffrey Epstein, a serial predator.

“To bring that prosecution we relied on the courage of many young women who were victimized as minors, and who were willing, years after their abuse, to share their stories.

“And while Epstein committed suicide before trial our investigation into his co-conspirators continues.”

He made the comments at an event to raise awareness for New York State’s Child Victims Act, which was hosted by the charity Safe Horizon.


Read More

About support_2ab8

Check Also

Services for Dubai visitors with visas expired before March 1 shifted to deportation centre near Terminal 2

Like Our Facebook Page For Latest News Dubai: All illegal visitors in Dubai whose visas …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *