Friday , April 16 2021

Three wounded in stabbing in The Hague, manhunt under way: Dutch police – Hindustan Times, Hindustantimes.com


Three people were wounded in a stabbing in The Hague’s main shopping street Friday night, and police were searching for at least one suspect, authorities said.

Police spokeswoman Marije Kuiper told The Associated Press in a telephone interview that it was still too early to say where a terror motive was to blame for the attack. The area was busy at the time as shoppers looked for Black Friday holiday deals.

Kuiper said it was unclear whether any of the injuries were life-threatening.

The Hague police said in a statement that they were looking for a man, about 45 to 50 years old, in a gray jogging suit.

Aanvullende informatie over de# verdachtesituatie op de# GroteMarktstraat# DenHaag. Wij zijn op zoek naar een licht getinte man van ongeveer 45 a 50 jaar, de man draagt ​​een zwarte jaar, sjaal en grijs joggingspak. Heeft u de man gezien?# Bel 112 (Bedankt voor uw medewerking ^ SNhttps://t.co/jnuwzwLZec

– Politie OC Den Haag (@ POL_OCDH)November 29, 2019

The stabbing happened in the heart of The Hague shopping district where supermarket chains and luxury shops were all lit up with early Christmas decorations. Adding to the festive spirit was the lure of Black Friday, when retailers offers consumers special discounts at a time when many are seeking family presents.

Police sealed off a wide perimeter behind which onlookers were kept at bay . There was no hint of panic among the public soon after the stabbing.

The Netherlands had already been shocked by a similar stabbing in Amsterdam a year ago when two Americans were injured in a knife attack that prosecutors say had a “terrorist motive.”

Earlier Friday in London, a man wearing a fake explosive vest stabbed several people, killing two, before he was tackled by members of the public and then fatally shot by officers

Brave Browser
Read More
Payeer

About admin

Check Also

COVID-19: Three more test positive in Bengaluru – The Hindu, The Hindu

COVID-19: Three more test positive in Bengaluru – The Hindu, The Hindu

A day after Karnataka reported the first COVID-19 case, three more persons have been tested positive for the disease on Tuesday taking the total positive cases to four in the State. The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) said this in a release and State Health Minister B Sriramulu confirmed it in a tweet.The ICMR…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *