By:Mike Bohn|November 3, 2019 12: 20 am
After going from undefeated to a string of losses, Till (18 – 2-1 MMA, 6-2-1 UFC) moved up to 185 pounds from welterweight and made an immediate impact, beating one of the top contenders in Gastelum (15 – 5 MMA, 10 – 5 UFC) by split decision in the co-main event matchup, which took place at Madison Square Garden in New York.
Check below for the top Twitter reactions to Till’s victory over Gastelum at UFC 244.
I just genuinely have no idea how Till plans to win this one
– Jed Meshew II (@JedKMeshew)November 3, 2019
Dominick Cruz with the line of the night for# UFC!
Jon Anik: “Nice elbow by Gastelum”
Cruz: “Not as nice as his elbow at the weigh-ins.”
– Mike Bohn (@MikeBohnMMA)November 3, 2019
Dom Cruz left every single fuck he ever had back at home tonight lol (# UFC)
– Tommy Toe Hold (@TommyToeHold)November 3, 2019
Bruh, he’s lucky cannonier didn’t get the nod… 🤦🏻♂️
– malki kawa (@malkikawa)November 3, 2019
The low output from both of these guys in the past was sort of what I was afraid of for tonight’s fight.# UFC 244
– Michael Carroll (@MJCflipdascript)November 3, 2019
Yo. Kelvin Gastelum’s finger literally stabbed Darren Till’s eye. Nasty.# UFC 244
– Chamatkar Sandhu (@SandhuMMA)November 3, 2019
Till is so quick with the elbows off the clinch, and the low kicks are adding up. 20 – 18 Till.
– Brandon Gibson (@SixGunGibson)November 3 , 2019
Kelvin needs a finish I think
– Anthony Rocco Martin (@TonyRoccoMartin)November 3, 2019
The size advantage of Till is obvious. Will be interesting to see him compete at this weight moving forward.# ufc 244
– Michael Chandler (@MikeChandlerMMA) (November 3, 2019
Damn, tense fight. Kelvin Gastelum was looking to end it through the final bell. Not a barnburner, but these guys opened up, while still showing respect for each others power. I enjoyed it. I think it’s Darren Till’s win.
– Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN)November 3, 2019
didn’t get to see the ko I was hoping for but very close fight not sure who got this one
– Randa Markos (@randamma)November 3, 2019