The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 823 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
The Muse is seeking a Product Director, Growth to own our audience growth and conversion strategy, and lead the team to execute on it in partnership with key stakeholders across the organization.
This role reports directly to the SVP, Product and is located at the Muse HQ in Manhattan.
How you’ll make an impact
- The Muse has an audience of millions of job seekers and professionals. You will set and execute on a product roadmap that grows our audience and makes it easy for them to apply to the right job for them, working cross-functionally with designers, developers, and analysts
- You will work collaboratively to understand, document, analyze, and translate user needs, motivations, and constraints into product specified, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications. Integrate usability studies, research, and analytics into product requirements that remove constraints or seek points of leverage.
- You will balance quantitative and qualitative insights to drive employer / candidate facing features, deeply understanding our users’ needs, the competitive landscape, as well as the metrics and data to identify existing challenges and new opportunities for experimentation
- You will be a close partner to the engineering team, working with Engineering leadership and manage resources to execute feature development and with engineering experts to understand the technical feasibility of new features
- You will lead by example, teaching and mentoring others on the Growth Team’s mission, process, standards, and hypothesis-driven approach
- You will be a voice at the company to drive innovation and help executive leadership understand opportunities and risks to inform decisi on-making.
Why we’ll love youYou have 8 years of experience in product development, design, and product management.
- You have the ability to work autonomously and lead product development efforts
- You have exceptional communication and organization skills
- You have a strong command of user experience (UX) with a track record of championing what’s best for the user , while balancing the needs of the business
- You have passion and empathy for job seekers — you’ve been there too and want to be a part of building a better experience.
- You are able to lay out edge cases, identify dependencies, and lay out the if / then in any scenario. You likely find puzzles fun.
- You understand that being a Growth Product Director carries the responsibility to make sure we’re solving the Most important problems, and that the best solutions for those problems are built within our constraints
- Prior startup or high-growth experience a big plus!
Why you’ll love usYou’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women — Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to the Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has — and sticks to — a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people — personally and prof essionally
- We offer unlimited vacation — and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes the Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make the Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.
About The Muse
The Muse is the go-to destination for people to research everything they need to know about companies and careers.