Friday , October 30 2020

Prince William and Prince Harry say 'potentially harmful' newspaper story is false – Sky News, Sky.com


             

Prince William and Prince Harry have said an “offensive and potentially harmful” newspaper report published about their relationship today is false.

The Reuters and Press Association news agencies have linked the statement to a report in The Times, citing an unnamed source, which claimed Harry and Meghan had been pushed away by the “bullying attitude” of William.

The report added the Duke of Cambridge had not been welcoming to Meghan.

Spokespeople for the Duke of Sussex and Duke of Cambridge said: “Despite clear denials, a false story ran in a UK newspaper today speculating about the relationship between the Duke of Sussex and The Duke of Cambridge.

“For brothers who care so deeply about the issues surrounding mental health, the use of inflammatory language in this way is offensive and potentially harmful. “

    

The statement comes as the Queen prepares to holdcrisis talks with Prince Harry, Prince William and Prince Charles today – the first face-to-face discussions since the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced their decision to step back from royal duties.

The couple released the statement without consulting or informing any senior members of the family. Members of the Royal Family were said to be disappointed and hurt at the time.

In an unprecedented summit, the senior royals will sit down together at Sandringham in Norfolk, where it is thought the “next steps” will be decided following the fallout from Harry and Meghan’s bombshell.

  

Meghan Duchess of Sussex arrives at Canada House, in London Meghan Duchess of Sussex arrives at Canada House, in London Meghan Duchess of Sussex arrives at Canada House, in London       

Image:
        Meghan could join today’s Sandringham talks by telephone      

It is understood that Meghan,who is in Canada with baby Archie, may join the meeting by telephone.

There are expected to be a range of capabilities for the family to review following a series of meetings and consultations over the last few days.

These will take into account the thinking outlined by the Sussexes on Wednesday when they announced their intentions to “carve out a progressive new role within the institution”.

Despite the complexity of the talks, a palace source has told Sky News that it continues to be the Queen’s request and wish that the discussions about solutions happen at pace and are worked out within days and not weeks.

Meetings between senior members of the family may take place behind closed doors, but this is the first time in recent years that the media has been openly briefed about one happening.

    

        

              

                        The Queen was seen for the first time since the Duke and Duchess of Sussex revealed they were stepping down as senior royals.                                                          **********************)
**************************The Queen was seen for the first time since the Duke and Duchess of Sussex revealed they were stepping down as senior royals.                                                                                             
************************** Queen seen for first time since Harry and Meghan announcement                

It can be seen as a move by the Queen to show she is taking control of the situation after Harry and Meghan unveiled plans to step back as senior royals, become financially independent and split their time between North American and the UK.

However, it is unlikely a final agreement will be reached during the talks on Monday.

Sky’s royal correspondent Rhiannon Mills said: “The Queen may want solutions and fast , but I’m told there is an appreciation that a change to their working life and role within the monarchy requires complex and thoughtful discussion, and there is agreement that any decisions will take time to implement.

“In other words, we might hear about potential next steps late on Monday, but I suspect ironing out a final agreement will take time. There is so much at stake. “

:: Listen to the Daily podcast onApple Podcasts,

Google Podcasts, Spotify, (**************************, spreaker

A former Royal Marine has said services personnel were “disgusted” by the Duke of Sussex’s behavior ahead of the summit.

) James Glancy said Harry – the marines’ captain general – had been a “great public servant”, citing his two tours of Afghanistan and charity work including the Invictus Games.

But he added that his ” behavior in the last year is not becoming of somebody that holds these important positions, including that of captain general “.

He told LBC:” I’ve spoken to other Royal Marines and other people in the military and they’re very upset if not disgusted at the disrespect to the Queen by not discussing this.

“You can’t do this half and half. You’re either in or you’re out. “

    **************************************
Read More (************************************

About support_2ab8

Check Also

Azerbaijan and Armenia agree to a pause in fighting – CNN, CNN

Azerbaijan and Armenia agree to a pause in fighting – CNN, CNN

(CNN)Azerbaijan and Armenia agreed to a "humanitarian ceasefire" in the conflict over the contested enclave of Nagorno Karabakh on Saturday -- one week after truce brokered by Russia fell apart, according to a statement from the foreign ministries of both countries.The new agreement -- set to start at midnight local time (4 p.m. ET Saturday)…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *